As Partnerships and Communication Manager his/her main responsibility:
Partnerships Development and Management
• To build a fundraising strategy that can support the growth of E&V in coordination with the Philippine programs team and with the Global Partnerships and Communications Department.
• To regularly monitor the project KPIs, adapt strategies based on the performance, and negotiate needed adjustments for the achievement of agreed KPIs with funders
• To develop and maintain continuous and close connections with multilateral and international organization such as (but not limited to): Asian Development Bank, World Bank, USAID, JICA…Monitor their funding programs to detect any opportunity for our project development.
• To identify new funding opportunities from trusts, foundations and other institutional donors in the Philippine region primarily, extended to the ASEAN.
• Use all the tools set up to manage partner contracts (M&E report, action plan, CRM, Annual budget, etc.)
• Supported by the Partnerships and Communication officer, to develop, write and submit timely proposals, budgets and reports with full cooperation of TPA and W&L program managers and finance team.
• To build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with programs teams and develops a strong working knowledge of all TPA and W&L objectives and programs work plans.
• To evaluate the risks associated to the grant applications (financial risks, project implementation timeline, legal compliance…), and take initiative in requesting a Go/No Go decision from management.
• To build good relationships with public administrations such as government’s offices (Central and Provincial level) and essential services regulators and operators related to our projects (MWSS, Maynilad, Water districts…).
• To identify key messages adapted to the stakeholders of the programs (Water utilities, local authorities, government bodies and community based organizations) to ensure the success of our projects
• To coach, motivate and train staff (Branch managers, Field coordinators, community organizers) to interact with local stakeholders related to our projects (LGUs, community associations, and local government administrations), and successfully advocate for our programs.
• To represent W&L in external outreach and networking spaces (Water Alliance, PBSP, PINGON, Hand Hygiene Alliance, FPUA, CCI, academic and technical specialists’ network…) with the goal of building W&L’s network of partners and advocate for the success of our programs.
• To check and manage content produced for social media and quarterly newsletter – Make sure the newsletter is sent to all relevant contacts (the newsletter and social media content development are in charge of the Partnerships and Communication officer).
• With the support of the Partnerships and communication officer, to create communication materials to be given to partners on the programmes to be funded: project sheet, power point presentation, flyers, etc.
• To support the Partnerships and Communication officer inter terms of feedback and media collection (photo, videos, interviews…) from the operation teams in order to feed W&L’s social media and communication supports.
• To serve as primary contact for institutional donors and prospects and share with them updates about Programs development
• To check the content and updates sent to the Communication department of the HQ
• To support in strengthening internal communications and provide appropriate communications trainings to the branches
Management and Internal Reporting
• To manage two (2) Partnerships and Communication Officers in charge of writing proposals, developing the external communication for W&L Philippines, and participate to the prospection of new funding opportunities.
• To participate to the weekly Mancom meeting, and share updates and concerns.
• To participate to the weekly Partnerships and Communication meeting with the HQ
• To contribute to the Quarterly report and presentation meeting with the HQ, prepare and present ongoing results, constraints and successes.
Education: A graduate of political science, development studies/communication, social science, or other relevant studies
Experience: At least five (5) years’ experience in resource development, partnerships, communication, or fundraising
✓ Excellent knowledge of non-profit governance and funding
✓ Excellent ability to communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including speaking in public,
✓ Good ability to foster positive working relationships in diverse organizations
✓ Strong business development skills
✓ Team player and good circulation of information
✓ Capacity to train/ teaching skills
✓ Good internal and external communication skills
✓ Business oriented
✓ Risk management and decision making
✓ Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
✓ Consistent and fair
✓ High level of integrity
✓ Rigor and methodology
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to the following email address: