Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization that provides assistance to people affected by conflicts, epidemics, and natural or human-made disasters and excluded from healthcare. We provide this assistance without discrimination, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
About MSF Eastern Africa
MSF Eastern Africa is the regional institutional office of MSF. It focuses on representation and networking, recruiting and supporting staff from the region, communications and fundraising, as well as working on other dossiers of importance to MSF such as Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), mutualization, training, medical operational support and environmental health.
Rationale/Objective for Position
In the initial 12-month period, the IT Project Manager will support the IT & Facilities Coordinator in advancing MSF Eastern Africa’s digital transformation initiatives. While primarily focusing on supporting the implementation of a robust ERP system, the role also encompasses active involvement in other digital transformation projects. These initiatives collectively aim to enhance operational efficiency, streamline processes, and fortify the organization’s readiness to achieve its future operational ambitions. The short-term goals contribute significantly to the broader vision of operational excellence and resilience through strategic IT interventions.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define project scope and objectives collaboratively with the ERP steering committee, ensuring technical feasibility based on recommendations from the IT team.
- Develop project plans and teamwork assignments and monitor work efforts daily, identify resource needs and perform quality reviews.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including business cases, project briefs, etc.
- Have a full understanding of the business requirements, project stakes, benefits, constraints, and interdependencies.
- Facilitate and coordinate planning sessions and team meetings to foster effective collaboration.
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with project stakeholders, actively managing expectations.
- Monitor and control plans, risk logs, quality standards, deliverables, and dependencies.
- Escalate functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately.
- Establish an effective change management strategy to ensure the successful adaptation of the ERP system and other solutions.
- Ensure proper administrative closure and handover to relevant stakeholders.
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships by establishing robust partnerships, particularly within the Finance, HR, Comms & Fundraising departments.
- University Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in business process automation.
- At least 3 years of project management experience in ERPs (preferably implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP or similar applications), new enterprise applications and other technology solutions.
- Knowledge of IT project management principles and methodologies. PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs in similar contexts is a plus.
- Mastering of agile and hybrid project management tools and methodologies.
- Very good understanding of Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC, Web Development technologies, Data Management and Digitalization of manual processes, familiarity with application development and deployment process.
- Ability to report to the Steering Committee, including fine Report writing and Presentation skills
- Requirements collection and prioritization
- Highly literate in Microsoft Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Teams
- Capacity to use Microsoft Project is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Resilient, excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an eye for details
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders (transversally & remotely)
- Well-developed multicultural awareness and ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Motivation and interest to work within humanitarian domain and MSF
What We Offer:
- A 12-month employment contract through MSF East Africa Section Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- An annual salary of EUR27,145 at HQ Level 8 based on a full-time appointment.
- Global benefit package; includes school fee benefit/support for dependents and other allowances ranging between EUR 620 to 1,159/month based on individual & administrative status.
- Other benefits include; 25 days of annual leave, Employer Pension contribution, Medical Insurance cover (staff and family), Relocation support for non-Kenyan residents etc based on MSF EA terms/conditions.
How to apply
- If you recognize yourself in this profile, we welcome you to apply directly via this link (or from the MSF EA website, ReliefWeb, LinkedIn).
- Applicants are required to upload a Letter of Motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) in PDF format as one combined document.