Organizational Context and Scope
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to many thousands of individuals each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for refugee resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for LATAM. RSC LATAM manages US resettlement activities in COLOMBIA. RSC LATAM prepares refugee applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arriving refugees to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to refugees departing for the US.
The USRAP has asked RSC LATAM to identify a System Solution Champion to engage RSC staff on activities relating to the development of a new Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) software solution to support refugee processing currently conducted using WRAPS. The System Solution Champion will serve as the RSC’s primary contact for receiving and sharing progress updates related to the development of the new software solution from the Refugee Processing Center (RPC); and facilitating feedback from the RSC on the creation of the new refugee processing system with the RPC. The System Solution Champion will actively monitor and facilitate User-Acceptance Testing (UAT) at the RSC throughout the development of the new software solution, engaging the proper RSC staff and coordinating feedback back to the RPC. The System Solution Champion will also take the lead in engaging with the RPC on current WRAPS functionality and development. System Solution Champions play an important role in reaching staff and providing communication and support to front-line users.
Under the overall supervision of the Project Coordinator and the direct supervision of Project Officer, Compliance the Senior Project Assistant (Compliance, Systems Solutions Champion) has the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary change champion for each RSC and the primary point ofcontact (POC) to drive communication between the RPC Minimal Viable Product(MVP) build /development team and the RSC. Serve as the primary POC for theRPC MVP build /development team and liaise with RPC staff in order to maintainawareness of and active relationships with relevant POCs needed to review new functionality.
- Serve as the focal point for RPC engagement related to review, verification orvalidation of the development of the new solution, as well as other RPC-drivenchanges.
- Participate in ad-hoc committees and working groups comprised of representativesfrom the RPC, RSC, and external partners responsible for the development of thenew MVP solution. Leverage knowledge and expertise in the current WRAPSprocesses and technology solutions to support these discussions.
- Support RPC MVP build /development team with Design and Deploymentconsiderations by analyzing new requirements, design, and build for accuracy andrelevancy, with recommended revisions. Work with the RPC MVP build /developmentteam to ensure system requirements are testable.
- Maintain a thorough and current awareness of RSC and RPC policies, plans,initiatives and developments that impact or otherwise influence RSC caseworkersand staff.
- Facilitate and execute UAT at the RSC on at least a quarterly basis, working withRSC staff members to incorporate broad feedback. Use available RSC resources tofully test and further build on system knowledge and associated workflows, as wellas prepare colleagues for the MVP solution change.
- Maintain and update testing documentation and provide UAT results and feedback tothe RPC. Participate and/or facilitate test scenarios and reviews/communicates withthe RPC throughout the testing life cycle to ensure escalation of issues asappropriate.
- Plan and coordinate various opportunities for RSC involvement in in the practice,collaboration, interaction and education of the new system with the RPC MVP build/development team. Provide RSC with the latest updates on MVP systemdevelopment and support knowledge sharing back to respective units.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) on the usage of the new system to participatein ‘Go-Live’ activities as a local resource at the RSC and SME.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
Completed secondary education required with six years of working experience Or Bachelor’s degree with four years of working experience.
- Deep understanding (5+ years required) of knowledge of current RSC and/orUSRAP, policies, and standards and WRAPS system processes and system steps.
- General familiarity with RPC and USRAP programmatic responsibilities, processes,and policies.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy in planning, organizing, and carryingout the assigned responsibilities, including coordinating activities with professionalstaff.
- Ability to communicate with all staff throughout the RSC and RPC.
- Excellent analysis, evaluation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Familiarity with iterative software development methodologies and delivery is aplus.
- Experience testing web-based solutions is a plus.
Fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
How to apply
all those interested in this position can follow this link https://colombia.iom.int/es/vacantes and find the SVN-USRAP 031 – 2023 Senior Project Assistant, Systems Solutions Champion. To apply, review the information and fill out the indicated form.