Application deadline: 25 January 2024
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Contract level: G5
- * Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!!!
- * THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ARE SPANISH OR EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS OR APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS A VALID RESIDENCE AND WORK PERMIT IN SPAIN ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION*
Under the overall admin supervision of UNOPS Programme Manager or his/her delegate and operational oversight of the Chief CR&CS or his/her delegate, the ICT Senior Assistant – Logistics will work on for providing practical support to logistics activities of UNICTF.
Summary of key functions and duties:
- Logistics Support
- Knowledge Management
The main responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
1. Logistics Support:
- Assists in coordinating and monitoring the required logistics support within UNICTF with different agencies and hosted partner organisations as well as UNICTF/UNGSC;
- Liaises with all stakeholders, including local and other authorities, and third party contractual service providers, on all logistics related matters;
- Controls and manages supply-related items requisitioning and delivery, as required;
- Records contract actions and plans and monitors shipment activity. This includes coordinating with all stakeholders on delivery schedules, inbound and outbound and import and export formalities as needed; follow-up and receipt of Receiving and Inspection (R&I) Reports, verification of invoices against R& I reports, recording contract status at all stages of processes;
- Makes arrangement for proper handover to client, freight forwarders and/or the UNICTF warehouse;
- Assists with logistics-related-contract management as required;
- Acts as primary focal point for all maintenance-related support for UN vehicle fleet at UNICTF, including addressing preventative and regular maintenance schedule; liaise with UNGSC Transport Unit as needed;
- Translates documents, letters, Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) or memos as requested
- Prepares weekly reports on activities or as and when required.
2. Knowledge Management
- Maintains files, databases and other organisational information repositories used by UNICTF (such as Umoja);
- Classifies and files appropriately all reports, correspondences and memos to and from UNICTF.
3. Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Impact of Results
The result of work of the ICT Senior Assistant – Logistics impacts on directly on delivery of services that satisfy the requirements of the Section as well as the performance of the services implemented. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities for all global locations are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A first level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Training in Supply Chain/Logistics is highly desirable
- A minimum five (5) years of experience in Supply Chain or Logistics or related area.
- A valid national drivers’ license.
- A valid national forklift drivers’ license
- Experience in working with SAP/Umoja or similar organizational ERP system;
- Proficiency in the use of Office 365 suite;
- Experience in working in the United Nations or similar international organization.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (read, write, speak) is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an asset.
How to apply
The interested candidates need to submit their application on or before 4 February 2024 through our job portal following link below. Please find more information on how to apply on our UNOPS Jobs portal, here. Find here more details about Staff contract modality.
- ICT Senior Assistant – Logistics