Counterpart International seeks a full-time DC-based Grants Officer to support a project in a potentially closed, non-permissive environment. The Grants Officer, in coordination with the Grants Manager and Grants Director, will be responsible for the development of application packages, and be the primary grantee Point of Contact for coordination, implementation management and closeout of a portfolio of more than 350 grants over the life of the project. The Grants Officer will provide administrative support and evaluate grant applications, proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to project Grants Manual and donor rules and regulations.
The Grants Officer will report to the Grants Manager and work in close collaboration with grantees, the technical team, Project Management Unit (PMU) and Project Support Unit (PSU) to support the project implementation.
- Working in close coordination with the Grants Manager, review grant applications and prepare documentation for grant evaluation and approvals.
- Serving as chair of the Grant Selection Committee in absence of the Grants Manager.
- Review grant applications, ensuring they match the minimum eligibility criteria and project objectives before the selection committee convention.
- In coordination with the Grants and Program Team, prepare grant agreements, and ensure appropriate documentation is completed and on file to ensure grant file audit readiness.
- Remain knowledgeable of updates and revisions to the project Grants Manual, and recommend revisions, as program operations change.
- Conduct pre-award reviews of potential grantees, regular mid-implementation audits, and pre-closeout grant file review in coordination with the Grants Manager, and other staff as required, to maintain clean, audit-ready files throughout the life of project.
- Record and track payment of grant milestones to ensure compliance with technical plan and milestones and monitor the projected expenditures against their actual incurrence.
- Ensure all entries of grants into the GCC (Grants, Contracts, & Compliance) software and generate periodic reports.
- In coordination with the Grants Manager, develop and maintain a schedule of grant actions, including milestone payments, deadlines and required modifications to allow for organized department activities.
- Monitor technical implementation of grants to ensure timely progress and according to submitted technical reports, proposed strategy, and work plans.
- Other duties as related to program grants and/or project start-up, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business administration, accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in USAID grants design and administration, management, and oversight.
- Demonstrated experience working with large to medium USAID projects in grants management, or similar capacity.
- Familiarity with USAID Cooperative Agreement and Grants Management policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Alignment with Counterpart’s core values.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; additional language skills are preferred.
The salary range for this position is $50,502 to $65,652 annually.
How to apply
To apply, please us the following link:
Counterpart is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, Ameri-Corps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: Counterpart will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.