JOB TITLE: Technical Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Country Director
LOCATION: Chisinau, Moldova
LEVEL OF EFFORT: Full-Time Employee (40 hours/week)
ORGANIZATION & VALUES
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
The Critical Infrastructure Digitalization and Resilience (CIDR) Project is a five-year regional program implemented by DAI for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)’s Bureau for Europe and Eurasia. CIDR assists partner governments and in-country organizations to work with key stakeholders and experts to assess cybersecurity gaps and priorities, make recommendations, and map courses of action to improve the cybersecurity of critical infrastructure and key institutions.
CIDR operates in the Western Balkans, Black Sea Region, and South Caucasus, where countries in recent years have come under more diverse and complex cyberattacks. CIDR is currently working in Albania, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, North Macedonia, and Serbia. The program aims to accelerate cybersecurity workforce development, to empower organizations to identify and address cybersecurity threats, to strengthen cybersecurity governance and to facilitate the sharing of threat information.
CIDR is providing technical, legal, and regulatory support to the Government of Moldova, by working with critical infrastructure regulators and operators from the public and private sector, as well as academic institutions in order to strengthen the national cyber security capacities and to promote cyber security workforce development. CIDR plans to implement new activities this year, such as the process of cybersecurity upskilling, and providing support and collaborating to governmental agencies and energy sector operators.
CIDR/Moldova is in search of a Technical Program Manager to spearhead the implementation and support of project activities in Moldova. The role involves providing strategic guidance for CIDR activities, activity design, program management, implementation, and relationship-building with stakeholders. The Technical Program Manager will take the lead in executing various CIDR initiatives, supporting ongoing activities, and aiding the Country Director in identifying new opportunities and establishing related endeavors.
Applicants should possess a robust background in cybersecurity policy, capacity building, ICT project management, public administration, and the execution of donor-funded initiatives. Mandatory qualifications include knowledge and experience in cybersecurity and ICT. Effective communication, coordination skills, and experience in engaging stakeholders of diverse backgrounds and seniority levels are essential. The Technical Program Manager will collaborate closely with the team to ensure consistency and coherence in a challenging environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Management:
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan, coordinating tasks, milestones, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including government, private sector, academia, civil society, international donors, and cybersecurity organizations.
- Monitor project progress, identify risks, and implement mitigation strategies.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Facilitate and lead meetings with critical infrastructure stakeholders.
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of project in collaboration with partner governments and organizations.
- Project Implementation:
- Support the design and implementation of program activities in line with CIDR objectives.
- Monitor technical activities
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Develop program reports, workplans, monitoring and evaluation plans, and communications materials.
- Facilitate regular communication and collaboration to ensure the success of initiatives.
- Representation and Support:
- Represent CIDR at conferences and technical meetings, as needed.
- Support the CIDR Country Director and program staff in various tasks.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
Travel to other countries may be required, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, or related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the field of IT management, cyber/information security, or a related field.
- Experience in implementing or being part of a donor-funded project, USAID experience preferred.
- Experience operating projects in a dynamic working environment with multiple partners.
- Excellent communications skills (written and spoken) in English, Romanian and Russian.
- Ability to respond effectively to time-sensitive demands and inquiries.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
- Ability to present and write concisely and accurately when describing complex issues.
- Cybersecurity related certifications or training.
- Proven experience managing a small team.
- Experience working on USAID projects.
- The Technical Program Manager reports to the Country Director.
- The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for direct oversight of local and international technical consultants and vendors and will potentially oversee other local staff when needed.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting discrimination in all forms, nurturing respect for our interpersonal relationships, and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
How to apply
To apply, please follow the below link.