- Be part of the United Nations (UN) related agency.
- Dignified, orderly, and safe migration for the benefit of all.
- Join our team and experience working with a social purpose.
Position Title: National ICT Officer (Applications Development)
Reference Code: VN 148/2023
Job classification: NO-B
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 1,745,899.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of please complete the and direct supervision of Senior ICT Officer (Solutions Delivery Management), the successful candidate is responsible for the day to day coordination of the software development team of a technology stack. He/She is also responsible for supporting the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of the applications, services and projects of the said technology. The successful candidate will serve as the Team Lead and will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the JAVA, Microsoft .NET, AngularJS, MS Dynamics or MS Power Platform development stack. The National ICT Officer will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with relevant two (2) years of professional experience in Team Leading or Project Management; or,
- Completed bachelor degree from an accredited academic institution, with four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in core Java or .net programming, designing and development of J2EE/.net applications;
- Experience working with database technologies, specifically MS SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Proficient in front-end web frameworks and technologies such as AJAX, HTML5, CSS, JQUERY, XML, Struts, Tapestry, JSTL and etc
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Knowledge in Agile development methodologies • Proficient with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C# In depth knowledge and experience with core Microsoft .Net technologies including: WCF, WPF, WF, LINQ
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage and support to technical team;
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
How to apply
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 26 January 2024. VN Number and Position Title (VN 148/2023 – National ICT Officer (Applications Development)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
For internal candidates, please send in your updated CV and cover letter using your IOM email account for your application to be considered valid.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, disability status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that this position is subject to funding availability.