Estonian Refugee Council (ERC) is a value-driven non-governmental EU-certified humanitarian organization. ERC was established more than 20 years ago and currently provides humanitarian assistance to displaced people and other vulnerable populations in 5 crisis-affected countries (Ukraine, Georgia, Jordan, Armenia, and Türkiye) and different support services to beneficiaries of international protection in Estonia. Our mission is to stand for the rights and well-being of refugees and other vulnerable groups in Estonia and abroad.
Our international team is looking for Head of Donor and Partner Relations based in Estonia.
The objective of the Donor and Partner Relations (DPR) team is to provide ERC with diverse funding sources and sustainable structure of partnerships. Head of Donor and Partner Relations lead the DPR team and is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing relations and communication between current and prospective donors and partners of ERC. The post-holder works closely with the Heads of Programmes and global senior management to propose policy directions for ERC’s programmes and activities. The Head of Donor and Partner Relations must have experience in project design, proposal writing, and project management, including successfully leading projects from start to finish.
What are the main responsibilities of this position?
- Systematically find new and maintain existing donors and partners.
- Lead the maintaining and developing of the database/mapping of current and prospective partners and donors.
- Lead the setting and implementing strategic directions for the DPR in cooperation with the DPR team and ERC’s global senior management.
- Lead and manage the DPR team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed so that the team staff are able to perform their roles as required.
- Support Country Directors and programme teams through matching them with suitable partners and donors for programme implementation.
- Support and lead DPR team members in the proposal writing process in cooperation with relevant programme and country office teams.
- Lead the creation of donation campaigns in cooperation with the communication team and in accordance with the strategic objectives of ERC.
- Prepare for and facilitate ERC’s certification processes with different institutional donors.
- Communicate with prospective donors and partners, cultivating new and deepening existing partnerships across different funding streams.
- Monitor donor policies and review internal documents for compliance when necessary.
- Participate in the preparation of project proposals for donors and ensure that they are submitted to the donor for consideration.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative in analysis of highly complex issues, incl. proposing policy directions for ERC’s programmes.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a Master’s degree in a relevant field (humanitarian assistance, development cooperation, political science, international relations, communication, economics) and equivalent working experience.
- You have provable experience in leading and managing successful international projects.
- You have excellent knowledge of the UN, EU, USA and other international funding opportunities in the humanitarian aid sector, including private donors.
- You have a great understanding of project cycle management and related tools.
- You have experience as a team lead.
- You have very good computer skills and an interest in digitalisation.
- You are well-articulated and fluent in English.
- You are independent, proactive and flexible, solution-oriented and conscientious, with excellent interpersonal skills for working in a multicultural team environment.
What do we offer?
- Gross salary in the range of €2600-€3000.
- An opportunity for self-realization in an internationally recognized humanitarian organization.
- Value-based and meaningful full-time work.
- Awesome and professional team with whom to change the world.
- Sports compensation and 32 days of annual leave.
- Pleasant working environment in Tallinn and Tartu, but also the opportunity to work remotely and flexibly.
How to apply
Apply through ERC’s HR platform: https://hr.pagulasabi.ee/en/head-donor-and-partner-relations
If you have any question, please contact HR Officer Liine Toomse firstname.lastname@example.org