Job Title: Grants & Development Coordinator
Job location: Remote, preferably based in MENA or US East Coast time zone
Report to: Grants Director
Job Code: HQ002
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to MedGlobal, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work.
MedGlobal is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
DISCRIMINATION, ABUSE AND HARASSMENT POLICY
MedGlobal provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. MedGlobal employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside the organization.
The Foundation and Corporate Grants coordinator will manage the relationship, coordination and tracking to pre-position and engage with foundations and corporate donors ensuring timely and relevant engagement and data management tracking.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership and the board participate and manage the foundations and corporate donor engagement strategy plan focused on retaining, expanding, and enhancing foundation and corporate giving.
- Research and evaluate potential foundation and corporate funding prospects that align with MedGlobal’s mission and goals.
- Initiates and writes grant proposals and pitches that are aligned with MedGlobals financial needs and gaps.
- Maintains the donor engagement tracker and informs and supports the primary relationship holder of each donor of engagement opportunities and management.
- Serves as the proposal manager, planning for and overseeing all the activities and inputs associated with the proposal development and production following MedGlobals New Business Development SOP’s
- Maintain and ensure reports to funders are submitted on time and of a high quality.
- Generates and maintains accurate and current e-file copies of foundations and corporate donors’ prospects including copies of correspondence, proposals, reports and notes on significant conversations or donor visits
Key Performance Indicators
- % annual budget increase/decrease of grant funding as compared to previous year
- % success rate of proposals
- % of reports submitted in a timely manner
- Number of training sessions with field teams
- Number of donors in portfolio and % change as compared to previous year
- Regular and timely holding of coordination meetings and submission of reports
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in research and relationship building
- 2-4 years of experience in fundraising focused on foundations and corporate grants
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
How to apply
To apply for this position, please apply through the above link:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply early.